Tuesday, December 18, 2007

December 18, 2007

I was looking at David's Caring Bridge site this morning ( http://www.caringbridge.org/il/davidbrooks/ ) and noticed something that just blew me away. Down near the bottom it says " This page has been viewed 20964 times." I realize Grandpa has probably done 10% of that, but over 20,000 hits! Amazing!



For those who don't know, David is transitioning to a new phase of life. He has qualified for a lot of aid over his short 3 years, but since he is reaching 3 years of age a lot of it is changing. The responsibility for that aspect of his care is being transferred to the school system. And that is a major simplification and probably not 100% accurate. The ladies David has been seeing won't be coming anymore. He can go see them ... or at least some of them. I don't know (or need to know) all the details. Bottom line is the therapists won't be coming to his house any more. So people who have been a big part of his life won't be there any more and new people will become involved. I guess that is life. But I wanted to pause and tell these ladies Thank You from a grateful Grandpa


Oh, and the new Sunday School class was different. I am teaching (along with 2 other much more qualified ladies) the Junior High Sunday School class. Sunday was our first class. Part way through class my Fire Dept pager went off. I said "Boys, I have to leave" and told the 4/5 grade teacher he had more students. I bet they remember our first class session!

It was a small fire. Outside wood burner caught the shed on fire. That is why you out them outside!

No comments:

Blog Archive