Sunday, July 5, 2009

Hello from the fireworks capitol of SE IL and SW IN

OK, so maybe I am rubbing it in a bit. West Union went ahead with our scheduled fireworks July 4th. I'm told the closest place that didn't cancel as French Lick. The crowd was WAY down, but it was one of the better fireworks shows they've had. The parade was rescheduled, which I think was unnecessary but will work out OK. There is a service scheduled at the park at 5 PM Sunday honoring military/EMS/firefighters/police and a 2:00 parade will fit in quite nicely.

We did it! We finished planting Thursday. Well, maybe we just quit. We got everything planted we intended except for a couple low spots, and did not replant a few drowned out spots. And there was 20 acres I would have liked to double-cropped, but by the time I figured seed cost plus the cost of planting and harvesting with a herbicide application ... I didn't care it I planted any more non-irrigated double crops or not.

No comments:

Blog Archive