Wednesday, December 2, 2009

I know, I know ....

I know, I know ... the old guy is supposed to keep his blog up to date and post interesting and artistic photographs and spell everything correctly and be grammatically correct.  I guess if you are not happy I can refund your admission price.

So, what's been happening?  Harvest is done.  Fall tillage probably is.  Irrigators are ready for winter ... 'cept for that one underground line I need to pump out. I guess that's job security. 

Need to start shop work.  Black truck blew the heater core during harvest.  We just bypassed it and kept running. Need to change oil in the 9270, 8630, maybe one of the Magnums, the 560, probably need to change the loader too.  Forklift still doesn't like me.  It's either going to run to my satisfaction or find a new home.

I keep toying with the idea of insulating the shop so we can heat it.  Dad never saw any advantage to that, but then again up until the last couple years he never got cold.  Maybe I should do some measuring and figuring.

New preacher got moved in this week.  Well, all the stuff is in the house anyway.  I doubt it is all set up yet.  But then again I think we still have boxes that haven't been unpacked since we moved 10 years ago.

Sue's working on addressing Christmas cards.  I could set up a database and print them so much easier but she likes to practice her calligraphy.

OK, gotta get going. It's 1st Wednesday and we eat at 6;00 at church.   I did put a couple photos on the farm site www.BumpusFarms.us .  Later Y'all.

No comments:

Blog Archive