Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pet peeves and other misc things

One of my pet peeves (OK, so I have several of them.  It's just I learned a long time ago pet Peeves are like a salesman being "right".  I was taught and learned quickly that a salesman can be "right" or he can feed his family.  Now, I don't mean it is OK to do wrong things.  But my job as a salesman was to supply the customer with what he wanted even if I didn't think it was the right choice.  If he wanted a 50 page a minute copier even though a 12 page speed machine would do what he needed, it was his money and his decision.  If he needed the 50 and wanted the 12 my job was to help him see the error of his ways, but sell him what he wanted to buy if he didn't come to his senses ... in my opinion.

Pet Peeves are kind of like that.  I can choose to let them bother me or I can choose to get on with life. So I have learned to live with most of them and just not let it bother me.  But we digress...)

As I said, one of my Pet Peeves is rusty grab bars on tractor doors.  I like a nice smooth painted one my hand can slide up or down without dragging.  So when I finished with the spray tractor Saturday evening I grabbed some emery cloth and polished them up, got out the Rustoleum enamel and painted them.
Always wear disposable gloves when doing this. Because when you get off balance and instinctively grab the bar ... 

well, most of it came off.

Oh, and don't drop the can on its nozzle either.
Let's see, what other Pet peeves might I discuss ...  Actually, it is something I rarely think about.  Life is too short and other things are more important than being upset because the lid is left up on the toilet (that became one after a foreign object got lodged in the toilet gooseneck the weekend company was coming) or the lawn mower threw grass out in the road (that was one of Dad's)

So if you have a Pet Peeve, keep it to yourself and get over it.

Irritations and Pet Peeves are similar.  Apple Computer irritates me.  I got an iPad through a seed company promo.
 Before I can do anything I have to plug it into a computer with internet access (and it better be high speed) and download the latest version of iTunes ... which means I have to have Quicktime to use it.  The real irritation came when the desktop would not install Quicktime.  I'm still unsure what I did to make it work.

I realize, it will probably all work well and make the sky blue and the grass green.  I just hate being told "You gotta..."

1 comment:

Big Sis said...

You know, if your iPad needs a loving home, I know someone who would love one. Of course... that someone doesn't have a new enough computer to sync an iPad (or her iPhone), so you'd better throw a new computer in the box, too. ;)

Blog Archive