Sunday, February 26, 2012

Ya just wonder about some folks

We have been making some changes in the fleet on the farm this winter.  Bought a couple bigger semi trailers, sold the little semi tractor, upgraded a pickup, sold the Jeep, sold a 10 wheeler, traded a 10 wheeler for a semi tractor then bought its twin brother. It's getting so the girls at the Drivers License office know me on sight.

Anyway, we decided to sell the old Chevy flatbed truck
Since we got the Ford 550
we just have not used it.

Listed it on AgTalk and Craig's List. A young man from around Carbondale called interested in it.  Wouldn't be able to come until Saturday.  We had a couple things going on Saturday but I made sure I was available if he was willing to drive over 3 hours to get here.

He pulls in with (I assume) his Mom and Grandmother.  They all climb in the white beast and go for a drive.  He comes back in the shop grinning like a cat in a mouse factory. "I want it ... but I have to sell mine first.  I'll be in touch."

I retained my composure and didn't say what I was thinking:

"You !@##$$! You dragged 2 ladies  3 1/2 hours one way on a Saturday to look at a truck that you knew when you left home you were not going to buy today even if it were exactly what you wanted!"

Ya just wonder about some folks.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It will be ok calm down!! I have a guy wanting to buy my mustang and can't seem to find the money for the last two years GRRRRR!!!!

Blog Archive