Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's March ... "It's ONLY March" ... "It's MARCH already!"

I keep telling myself "It's March"  Sometimes that is "It's ONLY March" and other times it is "It's MARCH already!"  Just in case you have been cooped up in an underground missile silo someplace the weather has been just incredible.  Warm (hot at times), sunshine, really nice.  Really early. Actually kind of scary.  And very, VERY tempting to a farmer to go plant corn. But we have mowed all the yards already. Not necessarily grass, mostly chickweed, but they have been mowed once in March.

I need to get out and take a few flower photos.  I'll borrow some my friend David Schwartzkopf took recently.


  There has been some corn planted for about a week in the area.  In fact the new neighbor across the road blew in yesterday and planted 60 acres or so.  I keep telling myself we need to wait until .. . well, we're up to what this year is Easter weekend.  Dad never planted corn much before the 25th of April.  Ivan didn't want us planting corn until May 10.

The different emphasis on "It is March" depends on perspective.  As I told someone we started the year out two weeks behind and have progressed to being 4 weeks behind ... and Spring is a month early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I too have mowed already Kind of scarey that it just makes the mowing season so much longer UGGGGHHH!!!! Loved most of this weather until it got into the 80's not a fan but what can I do about it. Checked on some plants for the flower garden and realized the greenhouses run the same schedule every year which is probably a good thing. Just itching to plant something
I am sure you can find things to do while waiting to plant. Enjoy

Blog Archive