Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oh ---------------------------------------------------------------- !

No, not any pictures.

There is a pipe we put in as a culvert down on the church road.  Probably a 12 - 18" pipe.  Makes a really nice culvert.  I haven't a clue where Dad got it.  I hate it with a passion.

I know, hating an inanimate object is stupid.

I don't care.

My dislike for this pipe goes clear back to the day we put it in.  I was running the loader tractor and Dad was doing the ground work.  He bent over to pick up a log chain and almost passed out.   I convinced him he needed to go see a Dr.  Which led to the first diagnosis of colon cancer.

My relationship with that stupid pipe had gone downhill ever since.

I was mowing a couple years ago and caught the wheel on the Bush Hog
in the end of the pipe.  Jerked the end off the arm and left the wheels in the ditch.  With a rain coming.  Steve Lindley came along and helped me carry the back end of the mower with the loader to the shop.

And today I was mowing roads while waiting on a corn truck to get full (did I mention you can get 46 acres of corn on one truck this fall?) and was watching the light pole when I should have been watching the stupid pipe.  Ruined an 11.00-16 12 ply 4 rib tire.
At least $200 shot to pieces.

EDIT:  Ummm ... I guessed wrong.  $482.01 and there was no service call involved!

I told Mom later I was ready to dig the ^&%## pipe out.  She said go ahead..

I'm really tempted.

1 comment:

davevb said...

Would come help you in a minute if I was a weee bit closer!

Blog Archive