Wednesday, September 16, 2009

R I P
? - September 15, 2009


You know it will happen someday.
Doesn't mean you'll be ready for it.
Dogs are fairly short-lived creatures
but live longer than others.
Lizzie reached the end of her fight today.
She will be missed.

I found this online and it seemed very appropriate.
It is not used by permission, but I think the author would understand:

My Little Friend

I have a little friend whose always by my side,
We're never very far apart no matter what the time.
I have a little friend who listens to what I say and doesn't judge
me for what I've done but what's inside of me.
She gives me the support I need to make it through the day.
And when I'm sad she seems to know just what I need to have.
My little friend is not like me she has some things I don't,
like four legs, a tail that wags and a nose that's wet and cold.
She lets me know with a gentle nudge that she cares
and is there for me.
We'll never be that far apart,
and when the time does come,
I know we'll be together again in that spot above.

- Linda McBroom©1997


No comments:

Blog Archive