Sunday, October 4, 2009

nothing profound to share

It's going to be a long fall. As I mentioned on the farm site (www.BumpusFarms.US) it had been a start and stop, get ready and wait fall so far and will probably continue that way. Our driest corn is 28% (15.5% is where you want it). We have cut the dry milo, what is left is over 23% (you want 14% with it). We've cut nearly 200 acres of beans, but are at the point of having 5 acres of dry beans in the middle of 40 acres of replanted beans and everything else is green. Wheat planting should start this week ... all day of it.

I don't feel very profound. I should be outside doing something on a beautiful day but had to get the minutes together for the church board meeting tonight and got to updating web sites and blogs.

The church web site is current again (www.wucc.us)
The farm web site/blog is current (www.Bumpusfarms.US)
the West union start page is current (www.westunion.blogspot.com)
and once I hit Publish this blog will be current.

Think I'll go for a 4 wheeler ride on my new seed corn Polaris. Some companies just give out hats and jackets.

No comments:

Blog Archive