Friday, October 30, 2009

And everyone said when it stopped it would really stop ...

All summer folks were saying when the rain stopped it would really stop.  Guess what folks, it hasn't stopped yet!  But I guess we are doing better than a lot of people.  We are about half done with commercial corn ... but then we didn't have a lot this year.  If we could get 3-4 good days of corn shelling we could probably be done with it.  Beans, well, I don't want to talk about beans.  We  have a little over 100 acres around Mom's and around 170 acres out west, with 40 - 50 acres of double crops left.  And 10 acres of milo.

I have made a few calls about renting a second combine.  Apparently I am slow, because everything has already been rented.

Oh well, Romans 8:28 still works.  I keep telling myself that.

No comments:

Blog Archive