Monday, January 11, 2010

Yes, it's 4:30 in the morning ...





I know, 4:30 is time to get up.  Dan Gard got up at 4:30 every day and he probably lived a lot longer than I will.  Normally I'd be asleep but I keep listening to everyone in the west half of the county getting paged out to a structure fire and can't rest. So what has been going on?
There is a farmer from Springfield coming to look at the 8630 Monday.  I need to plug it in on the way to Mom's so it will start.


Speaking of Mom's, anybody want to do some plumbing?  I was unclogging a drain ... got it free .. but now I have to replace  one of the baskets in the sink.  I guess if you are going to start doing plumbing the first thing Monday is when to start.  Give you all week to run after the one part you forgot each trip.


I spent some time in the church nursery Sunday.  I watched the boys while their folks listened to the sermon.  David impressed Grandpa.  He took a Fisher Price Ferris wheel (well, it started life as one.  A few important pieces have been removed by hard working kids) sat it on the table and proceeded to drive.  As you can tell by the photo, he's going to be a race car driver. 
 
He did something else that impressed Grandpa (OK, so it isn't difficult)  There was this Fisher Price phone (red and white thing in the next photo) the handset was missing on.  He sat it on the table, then went back and found the handset and plugged the cord together.  I know, it sounds simple.  But to me it shows a lot of development.



You'll notice there are not any good photos of Adam.  He wasn't standing still long enough for my phone camera to focus.  Here is one from home last week.  Same problem.  He's just too fast for the camera.


I need to list this lathe on ebay or AgTalk Classified's or something.  We don't use it, don't really know how.  It was Dad's toy.  I'm sure as soon as we sell it we'll need it, but right now we need the floor space worse.


But that may have to wait until later this week.  Current plans may be to go to S Wisconsin and pick up some truck parts I bought online from a farmer.  Right now we are waiting on confirmation of delivery times and directions.  Anyway, it's now 5, nobody has been paged out for half an hour, so I'm going to try and rest until it's time to get up











No comments:

Blog Archive