Saturday, June 12, 2010

Fun Friday

The only thing worse than having an irrigator is needing an irrigator. 

I had decided to start the south irrigator up Friday.  Engine ran fine about 2 minutes then shut down. Couldn't get the Murphy to hold.  I've got the box off tracing wires looking for bare places the mice chewed off insulation when it hits me ... the temp gauge is full scale.  I realize this when I notice there is anti-freeze under the radiator on the frame.  I call the radiator shop.  Roddy  is closing early today because his wife is in the hospital.  He's closing in 1 1/2 hours and it is an hour and 10 minute drive.  No, we didn't make it.  But it is setting by his back door.


Sue and I pulled it off, cleaned up a little (ie washed hands and put on clean clothes) and headed for Mattoon.  Bill's (I don't know why Roddy's radiator shop is called Bill's, it just is) is easy to find.  Just go a couple blocks past the Sonic drive in and turn right.  Yeah, Sonic Drive-in Restaurant.  So we stopped at Sonic after dropping it off and got a Sue a Limeade.  Then we went to the flagship store of the Rural King chain.

Am I a romantic or what?


Would you believe they did not have a 3/4 drive 1-1/18" socket?   Every other size but that.  So we swung past Sears and got one.

Since we were in Charleston we stopped as Pagliai's.  What? You are unfamiliar with Pagliai's ?  It's been there at least 40 years.  At 5:30  it was full and a continuous flow in and out.  They had 4 pizza makers, 2 guys on the ovens, and I don't know how many waitresses. Pizza was OK, but the number of customers was impressive.

Oh, fortunately the weather guy's 50% chance of rain became 1/2 inch Saturday evening.  But hopefully by the time we need the 'gator it will be ready.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Steve introduced me to Pagliai's this winter. Awesome pizza!

joven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Blog Archive