Saturday, November 20, 2010

Deer retrieval

I've figured out a great new sideline.  I'm thinking of going in the deer retrieval service.  You shoot him and I'll go get him.  Might work.

Steve got one late Friday.  It was actually pretty easy to get to.   Nice more or less 10 pointer (I'm not sure the technicalities of point counting)
It was just sundown by the time we got it loaded, so I don't have any really good photos.  My Kodak quit and my cell phone doesn't do low light very well.

It was really pretty easy to get to.  Pull off the road, down the grade, across 4 ditches, up the GREAT BIG hill turn right and it was laying in the weeds by the edge of the field.  Steve says next year his plan is to shoot one earlier in the day so it isn't dark when you are doing all this.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sounds like a good plan to me. dont want to go out in the wee hours and set in the cold to shoot one but driving in a nice warm vehicles to haul it back now thats the way to do it.

Blog Archive