Friday, April 8, 2011

Because I didn't have any bricks ....

I've been feeding Cynthia
and the cats (well, I think there are cats.  I have only seen one cat and he was even halfway friendly after a week alone) while Aman and Becky have been in Florida with his Dad and family. Get mail, feed and water dog, check freezer and refrigerator, feed and water cats, clean litter box if needed ... kind of gets to be a routine.   Thursday I get the mail and start to the house when Bill from Bunker Hill stops to discuss  a couple fields.  After we talk a bit he looks up at the top of the garage and says "What's that?".

"That" was the ridge cap coming loose.
  So I got the ladder out and climbed up and looked at it.  I came back down after looking at it and hit the bottom step.  It went SNAP and felt rather unpleasant.
Fortunately it was the bottom rung and broke but I didn't go through it.
(Note to Aman:  burn the ladder)
So ... what to do?  I looked for nails.  DIdn't see any.  Probably very close to me but I didn't see them.  But I did see a piece of angle iron. Hmmmm...
 
Now, to most people my title for this may not make any sense.  But to those of us who knew Dad and have been around the chemical building and the oil shed it makes a lot of sense.   When Dad had trouble with shingles not sealing he would put a brick  on them to hold them down.  Very rarely did he remove the bricks.

By the way, trees are blooming in Darwin.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me At least they know you have been there keeping an eye on the place. Good job Mike. Yes note to Aman burn the ladder. Maybe that would be a nice Christmas birthday or Anniversary present for them. LOL Just what every couple wants

aman said...

I havent trusted that ladder for years. thats why it was sitting out back and a new one is inside. Im glad it didnt hurt ya. If you didnt get rid of it I will.

Blog Archive