Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Samantha and the boys

Thought I'd bring everyone up to date. Steve didn't know anything about what was going on, and I'm not sure what everyone else knows, so I'll do a quick history.

Samantha (Dell and Tracy's daughter) earlier this year (late last year?) found herself expecting. Then Surprise! Not only is she expecting, she is expecting twins. She had some complications and the doctor restricted her activities. Last week a problem developed and they took the twins C-section. Chase and Clayton were 1 lb 9 oz and 1 lb 10 oz (I don't remember which was which). Turns out there was a problem with the placenta. It would have been entirely possible for Samantha to bleed to death because of it. think Clayton might have had some complications due to the placenta problem as well.

Yesterday Clayton developed some severe problems. His intestines were coming out of his body (I don't know exactly how, but I know it isn't a good thing) and he was transferred to Riley. Sometime last night he l lost the fight.

Far as I know Chase is still doing as well as can be expected. But we know it is going to be a long struggle. Our prayers go out for Chase, Samantha, and the family.

No comments:

Blog Archive