Wednesday, July 9, 2008

I've got no problems

Every time I get to feeling a bit blue about this year I get smacked up side of the head with the realization things are not so bad. 4th of July the local Fire Dept had a booth set up at the festivities at the Park. It was Dave's idea, so he ran with it, pretty much using the "Do It or Have It Done" philosophy.

I was there off and on, and met a couple young ladies who worked with his wife at McDonald's. One was a very nice red-headed young lady. She was there with a local church youth group setting up a booth. Sue and went to McD's over the weekend and she was working. Once it clicked who we were we talked a bit. The Marshall Ambulance had a run this evening I heard while I was putting a wagon in the shed. Woman had collapsed. Dave called me later in the evening. It was this girl's mom. The girl was feeling ill and stayed home from work. She took a nap and when she woke found her mom on the floor. She didn't make it.

I've got no problems.

Brother called. His son is home from the Army for a couple weeks. Because of some of Illinois' screwy Driver's Ed rules and his age and stuff He had never gotten a driver's license. He got his today. Brother said, well, let me copy an email he sent later:

He wrecked my truck tonight, HE IS OK !!!!!!!!!!......... Truck's not, it's toast, we had a hard rain tonight and he went threw a low spot and the truck hydroplaned, he was only going about 45 but ended down a ditch and hit some trees He has a sore leg, nothing broken ,one of the boys that was with him has some scratches from the glass and the other has some neck and back problems, It wasn't his fault , just one of those things that happens

I've got no problems

edit: Here are a few photos



1 comment:

Big Sis said...

I have similar moments.

Blog Archive