Saturday, July 12, 2008

Anniversaries

Today is our 33rd anniversary. Last night I came home and told Sue "Let's do something impulsive. Change your clothes, pack 1 outfit, and let's go someplace tonight." So we did just that. Stopped by the new Lion's Den Restaurant in Marshall (they moved) for supper, then took off north. We ended up in Danville, Illinois. I know, not the romance capitol of the world. But we enjoyed it. Stayed the night, then wandered around Danville some. Interesting town. I'd kind of like to do some research and explore it properly some time. There is a lot more there than one might think. We went east and south. Drove through Covington, Veedersburg, Perrysville, Cayuga, all the big cities. Found a very nice little place to eat in Cayuga called the Covered Bridge Restaurant

I told Sue I wasn't sure we could eat there as we were not driving a van. I think there was a couple baseball teams there or something. Good food, a pie list to drive miles for. Including sugar free pineapple and sugar free lemon. Oh, and yucky Gooseberry as well as Rhubarb if you have lousy taste in pies.

Yesterday was also the third anniversary of my grandson David's coming home.

Jill said "So, the story just kind of stopped. Assuming it ended, or "all was good" or something." Sorry about that. I had to step away from the computer a little while so I just posted it and forgot to come back and polish it up. Here is a photo of David last week
God is good

2 comments:

Big Sis said...

So, the story just kind of stopped. Assuming it ended, or "all was good" or something.

Adam Gonnerman said...

Nice that you were impulsive. The ladies seem to like that from us men from time to time.

Blog Archive