Friday, August 20, 2010

Successul Farming Radio Magazine

I'm infamous again ... maybe that's the wrong word.  A few years ago Darrell Anderson from the Successful Farming Radio Magazine interviewed me for a story about diabetes.  Successful Farming is relaunching its @gOnLine site (www.agriculture.com).  I am a long time regular on their forums (http://community.agriculture.com  ... I'm Mike SE IL..  I know, very creative) and John Walter mentioned me to Darrell.  So he called one day and wanted to interview me for the radio magazine about my blogging.

I told him they had to be desperate.

But anyway, he did an interview.  It will be aired August 31, but if you want to hear it now go to http://www.northshoreproductions.com/Audio/sfrm3827_2010_aug31_psa.mp3

I'm having a tough time getting motivated.  I'm hearing a similar sentiment expressed by several farmers.  I don't know if it is weather related or just a holdover from how frustrating the last year has been or what, but a LOT of folks have made similar comments to me.   Over on the business computer I have a task list (that's Outlook's version of a to do list)  I don't think I actually completed one thing on it this week.  Not that I didn't get anything done,  just what I got done wasn't on the list.

Well, better get doing some paperwork.  Some crazy person applied for a grant for the Fire Dept to replace all our SCBA (Self Contained Breathing Apparatus) tanks.  We were given them a few years ago when another department got new ones under a FEMA grant.  But by this time next year all of them will be out of date and not usable.  The good new is we got the grant!  The bad news is guess who gets to do the paperwork?  I know, that's why I make the big bucks.  I told a visiting preacher one time what I made as assistant chief. (He spent the day with me.  Took him to Moonshine and on a fire run. He remembers West Union)  He told me that didn't cover my extra expenses.

Fortunately I'm not in it for the money.

Anyway, I better get off and perhaps keep my blogs more up to date for the next couple weeks.  You never know who might be looking.  Right Wanda?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Right Mike when you become famous will you still remember us little people?? LOL

Ed Winkle said...

I didn't know you wrote a blog Mike. I check the lazy farmer and Paul Butler's from time to time and check up on Darren Hefty on his new blog. I admire anyone who is a volunteer fireman, a former student is our Martinsville chief and I had the Blanchester's chief's kids in class.

Blog Archive