Friday, February 12, 2010

Been to Louisville

Aman and I spent the day wandering around the 1,200,000 square feet of exhibits at the National Farm Machinery Show in Louisville, Kentucky today.  Aman bought a flagpole. (Hope that wasn't a Valentine present I was supposed to keep quiet)  He's been wanting one for years and finally talked himself into it.  You CAN put a 20 ft flagpole in a Buick LeSabre and bring it home (it telescopes).

Stopped and talked to Jim at Dawn ... even got an official Dawn Equipment hat! We've been trying to talk ourselves into the Curvetine closing wheels and .. well the real problem is I'm just cheap tight  fiscally conservative.

Stopped by the Soil Max booth a minute.  Denny was talking to customers while the 4 other guys with yellow shirts were eating.  I told him looked normal, 4 guys standing around while the boss did the work.  Stopped by Jensen Equipment .  Phil was busy talking with real customers, but I got to speak with a beautiful woman with no common sense.  That's the only explanation of how she ended up with him!

Speaking of no common sense, I gave $10 for a $7 chicken dinner.  That wasn't too bad  But $3 for a bottle of Diet Coke was outrageous. But, I paid it so I guess supply and demand still works.

We have an excellent idea for next time.  We want to take a pocket GPS unit along and mark where the car is parked. Because we ended up in a section I had never been to before and somehow came through the pits for the pull.  Leaving I went to get the car while Aman picked up his flagpole.  I got rather turned around.  I don't know what direction the sun sets in Louisville, but I think I was trying to walk east into the sunset.  I was wanting lot 24 and ended up at ... I think it was 38.He finally threw the flagpole over his shoulder and started walking.  He made it to the car about the same time I did.

Oh, another idea for next year.  They should put wheels on those giveaway literature bags.

One thing we remembered to do was print up some address labels with name, address, phone and email on them. Makes signing up faster and its a lot easier than trying to read my handwriting.

1 comment:

Lady Luck said...

Josh and I went to the farm show on Saturday. . .it was my first time going. I never knew there were SO MANY differenty equipment manufacturers out there! We too had a hard time finding our way back to the truck, but after only about 25 min. of wandering around we accidentally found it!

Blog Archive