Friday, February 25, 2011

Apple TV

Ever watch TV on a hockey puck?  For my birthday Jim sent me an Apple TV.  Looks like a square hockey puck
You plug an HDMI cable between it and the TV, then plug in a power cord.  It connects through our wireless router to DSL and accesses the internet.  You can stream movies, TV shows, music, photos, and more.

We've been watching Netflix for a long time.  A lot of movies, but the main thing we watch are TV series we don't have access to, things like shows from ABC and Sci-Fi networks.  But until now the instant view hasn't been possible.  Even with Wild Blue streaming movies didn't work.  But with this it works.  You can even watch YouTube.

The biggest trouble is convincing Sue that Netflix won't charge us any more for using the instant views and Frontier won't charge any more for the downloads.  Well actually I was a bit unconvinced myself until I checked with both to make sure.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to go watch a Hillary Duff movie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW the technology is just coming to your house in leaps and bounds. Dont forget to do the farming this spring with all these new toys.

Blog Archive