Saturday, July 3, 2010

glyphosate?

I was taking with a couple guys the other day and mentioned my concerns with wheat.  We just do not seem to be able to grow wheat like we should any more. I recently stumbled across Jim Martindale through an email a friend sent me  The jury is still out on my opinion, but if he is correct we are in a world of hurt. I've found some articles by Jim, Don Huber and others and have just glanced through them and started back through reading it a bit more slowly.  If it is real it is scary.

The starting place is http://www.soilcursebuster.com  At first it looks like a page promoting some farm equipment.

If you click on the Soil Health News tab, at the bottom are links to articles titled Coming Home To Roost.  It is a 3 part series of 4 articles (this guy sounds like me) I am still wondering through.

Another paper is Huber's on crop nutrient interaction.  Click on this link to download the pdf file http://s230184898.onlinehome.us/CurseBuster/joomla/images/PDFs/Huber%20at%20Fluid%20Fert.%202-10.pdf

I realize Jim is promoting his own miracle tool.

I am looking at the information he is starting from and wondering if maybe, just maybe, he might be on to something?  If he is it is really scary.

I guess it concerns me because it is starting to answer a question I asked 35 years ago I have yet to get a good answer for. In a discussion about herbicides in a college class the comment was made the chemicals broke down after so many days.  When I asked "break down into what?" nobody could give me an answer.  In asking a similar question for over 30 years I have never gotten what I consider a good answer.  I'm not sure this is the answer ... and if it is true it is not good.

No comments:

Blog Archive