Thursday, July 29, 2010

Setting at the desk in the middle of the afternoon ...

It's a beautiful day.  Sun is shining, light breeze, little warm but it IS late July it's supposed to be warm.  So why am I setting at the desk on the computer?  Well, I'm waiting on a phone call.  "I'll call you back just as soon as I look this over"  I would've had them call my cell phone, but I need to be able to look over some documents when she calls back.  Shortly.

I had to scan some FSA documents for crop insurance and email them to my agent.  Did that.  

Still no phone call.

So I guess I'll write on my blog.

Still no phone call.

So how has the day been otherwise?  Not bad.  I did some more painting on the bolt bins.  Oh, I didn't mention them?  Neighbor is a retired farmer.  Never was a big farmer but between farming and selling seed and other stuff he raised a family and kept the bills paid.  They have decided to move to town to a smaller place.  He had these old bolt bins in the shed, told me if I wanted them I could have them.

"They need a little work, but they're OK"

We went and got them Monday.  I forgot to take a before photo but they weren't too bad.  Not new, but have potential.  Back was loose, paint was peeling, just old bolt bins.

Phone call!

Yes, she's in the other room.  Just a minute ....

Anyway, Aman put some scrap plywood on the back to hold it together.  I scraped them, got out a can of Dad's leftover paint.  Threw it away and got another one.  Threw it away. Got out another and painted until it ran out. Finally got some exterior white latex Sue had at home and painted them.  Today I got out a quart of IH red Dad had.  Threw it out.  Found a quart of Oliver Green about half full ...do not know WHY Dad had a can of Oliver green.  Painted the trim a bit.  I think they turned out OK for what we started with and no more than we have invested.

Now we just have to decide where to put them and what to put in them.

Aman got a new hot rod last week.  Bought a little Hyster 3 wheel fork lift

He added a bracket on the back and stuck on a couple more weights we had setting around.  He's out of town for a couple days in sales training with Beck's and I had a little time this morning so  I decided I'd paint the weights and surprise him.

He's going to be surprised.

I took off one weight, painted the one left, and put the other one back on to paint it.  Well ... they're really heavy ... and I may not have set it down on the bracket as gently as I should have.  But I really think the bracket needs reinforced.
Maybe remounted.  At least my toes weren't under it.

OK, it's 3:00.  I'm tired of waiting all afternoon for a phone call.  I'll see y'all later.

Phone will ring as soon as I leave the driveway.

No comments:

Blog Archive