Wednesday, December 29, 2010

6 Years Ago ...


What ELSE would I be thinking about today?
Today my first grandson is 6 years old.  That is a bigger milestone than normal.
Just after noon the 29th I'm delivering propane when my phone rings.  I have a grandson.  1 pound 3.7 ounces. That was the last call from my Sue's cell phone as well, because she lost it in the toilet at the hospital.  But that is another story.
Contrary to what the laws of physics and the State of Indiana seem to dictate, you can drive the 90 miles or so to Riley Children's Hospital in just over an hour, but you are passing things going fast. God is Good.  I made it without causing or being involved in an accident.  Riley Children's Hospital is a scary and wonderful place, largely for the same reasons. If not for Riley I really doubt we would have gone from this

to this

That's David taking a picture with Aunt Jill's iPhone, taken by his little brother on Papaw's cell phone.  Isn't technology something?

Does God answer prayer?  All I have to do is look at this red headed little man and I know the answer to that.  As I understand it, today my grandson is taking a girl out to lunch ... his idea.
edit:  Here is a photo from lunch

Sorry if this has typos.  Papaw just got a phone call from David.  He wanted to call and tell me he was six years old.  I can barely see the keyboard.

God is good

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!!!

Lady Luck said...

God is GREAT!! What amazing milestones little David has blown past these last 6 years :-)

Blog Archive